About DEOMI Library
The Claiborne D. Haughton Jr. Research Library
The mission of DEOMI's Research Library is to support DEOMI's education and research goals by meeting the information needs of DEOMI faculty, staff members, students, visiting researchers, and other patrons and stakeholders. The library collection is constantly expanding and currently consists of over 19,000 books, periodicals, and multimedia items on equal opportunity, equal employment opportunity, diversity, culture, cross-cultural competency, and other human relations topics.
The library supports the educational and research missions of the Institute by:
- Providing DEOMI faculty, staff members, students, visiting researchers, and other eligible patrons with:
- access to a collection of printed materials (books, journals, magazines, newspapers, and reports), multimedia (CDs and DVDs), visual aids (posters and artifacts), and electronic resources (including commercial databases; open-source DOD, government, and academic web sites; and other information sources)
- reference and research assistance services
- research skills training
- Inter-Library Loan services (ILL)
- Creating a weekly compilation of electronic news links, collected from a number of media sources, on issues relevant to the subjects of equal opportunity, equal employment opportunity, diversity, and cross-cultural competency. The News Links can be found on DEOMI's public website.
- Providing an inviting and well-equipped space for study and research, including a common reading room with computers, printers, copiers, scanners, study desks, and reading chairs, as well as four private meeting rooms complete with audio-visual equipment and Internet access.
The library staff consists of highly professional, friendly, and service-oriented personnel, eager to assist library patrons in their inquiries and research.
Web OPAC is a simple yet sophisticated searching module that provides access to the DEOMI library's Online Public Access Catalog over the Internet.
Current DEOMI Staff and Students Only
You are granted access to the following databases as a student, staff member, or a contractor of the subscribing institution – DEOMI – exclusively for job-related, educational, or personal, non-commercial purposes for the duration of your studies or your employment.
Upon graduating from or terminating your employment at DEOMI you will automatically lose all rights to such access.
You will not share passwords or provide access to the databases to unauthorized entities or individuals.
You will read and abide by user terms and conditions of each database, including those that deal with copyright.
If you have forgotten your password or have any questions, please contact the DEOMI Library at DEOMI.J93.LIBRARY@us.af.mil.